Personal, Financial, Physical Resources
Personal: Please contact a person listed below through the MSBA office at 304-425-4444.
1) As the Director of Missions, Allan Thompson is available for consultation in the areas of:
staff search committees
membership in the association
He is available for pulpit supply as preacher or worship leader, and for short term interims. He can develop a single or multiple session workshops on a variety of church related topics including Spiritual Disciplines and Bible study methods.
2) William Benson (member, College Ave) is available for Vacation Bible School and Sunday School training workshops and sessions.
3) Marie Davidson (member, Immanuel BC) is available for mission group training for all ages including children, youth, and adult groups. She is the WV state WMU president.
4) Jerry Sawyers (pastor, FBC Narrows) is available for consultation in Evangelism.
5) Wes Garrett (worship leader, Fellowship Baptist) is available for consultation for worship, music, and the arts.
Financial: (donations to these funds are tax deductible; call MSBA office @ 304-425-4444)
Endowment Fund — churches affiliated with the MSBA may apply for a no interest loan for selected needs by applying to the trustees of the MSBA Endowment Fund. Requirements and procedures for application can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harold Dove Scholarship — awarded to applicants from MSBA churches who are entering or returning to college.
Clifford Compton Associational Mission Offering — monies collected from the MSBA churches during this summer offering returns to the churches in the form of supporting church programs, the MSBA Endowment Foundation, pastors’ annuities, and the Harold Dove Scholarship.
Liberty University Scholarship for WV Baptist church leaders — Any senior or youth pastor of a WV church may enroll in a degree program for religion in the bachelors or masters degree tuition free (certain other fees and books are extra).